Friday, January 16, 2009

How to turn your Blackberry Curve into an iPhone...

I found myself asking, "How can I get some of the benefits of an iPhone, with the Blackberry I already have?". With my Blackberry Curve, I already had email, calendaring, internet access. What was missing for me was a seamless integration with my iTunes experience. Not to mention, that I needed the slick look of iPhone icons on my Blackberry... So, how could I turn my Blackberry Curve into an iPhone? Well, I took two basic steps:
  1. Download the Blackberry Media Sync software (free software from Blackberry)
  2. Install an iPhone theme for the Blackberry Curve
I've outlined the basic steps for each of these below:

Download the Blackberry Media Sync software
This is free software from Blackberry that allows you to download songs from your iTunes application to your Blackberry. The software allows you to select songs to download through your established iTunes playlists.
  1. Visit the Blackberry Media Sync webpage at: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/media/mediasync.jsp
  2. Select the link Download BlackBerry Media Sync! or Download for PC
  3. Follow the instructions to install and configure your Blackberry Media Sync! software and enjoy!
iPhone theme for Blackberry
I searched for a few free versions of a Blackberry theme that would transform the look and feel of my Blackberry into that of an iPhone. So far the best example I've seen is from RogersMJ.

  1. Visit the RogersMJ website at: http://rogersmj.com/tech/blackberry/bphone/
  2. Follow the instructions to download the iPhone theme to your Blackberry

Best of luck, and please post any comments with additional tips or suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment